Monday, March 23, 2015

My Research Topic

I was considering writing my paper for the topic Portraying Different Human Minds in Film on two different movies : "The Notebook" or "A Beautiful Mind". I think I am leaning towards writing my papaper on "The Notebook" as it is one of our generation's favorite films. I believe that it does have significant value as one of the main characters suffers from Alzheimer's disease. As we all know, Hollywood embellishes and sometimes leaves out what actually happens, (mostly because it is not engaging or exciting enough to attract a large audience) all for a few bucks. With the use of some movie reviews and scholarly sources, I can shed some light on how the character was affected by this disease and how it affected her loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. All right, go with the Portrayal of Alzheimer's in The Notebook. You'll compare the actual symptoms and outcomes with how the film plays with this for a more 'romantic' story. (For example, do real Alzheimer's patients recover their language skills and memories -- briefly -- like in this story?) This can be a good paper. --Prof. Dragan

    ReplyDelete